Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Exotic Pets - What are they?

Exactly what is an exotic pet? In my opinion it is a pet that is not a dog or cat; though some dogs and cats are exotic pets. So that leaves a wide range of animals that can be exotic pets. Some say birds are not exotic pets but I consider the beautiful Hyacinth Macaw an exotic pet. How about fish, are they an exotic pet?

So what is an exotic pet? Some use the terms non-traditional or unusual. The Department of Wildlife often uses the term wild even for the ferret that has been a domesticated pet for thousands of years. I honestly don’t consider the ferret an exotic pet; it is the third most popular pet next to the dog and cat. However, I love the ferret and it does fall under my category at BellaOnline as an exotic pet.

Exotic Pets - What are they?

No comments:

Post a Comment