Wednesday, July 4, 2012

Exotic Pets - It is HOT Outside - Extreme Weather

Sometimes the best intentions just don't seem to work out. I had my surgery, and hospital stay planned out perfectly, so I thought. All my exotic pets and pets were set. Until I got to the hospital and found out the curve in my spine was the worst disaster that ever thought and turned into a very long surgery. The weather forecast 102 with high humidity. What would happen if my air conditioner would go out while we were in Sioux Falls? I just plain decided I was going home right after surgery.

Now the trick is not twisting, bending, doing nothing that can keep the bullet cages, screws, a bone protein, rods and whatever other assorted objects are holding my spine together. Even trying to get the animals fresh water is an impossibility. Scooping litter boxes, not possible. Thank goodness for my husband who has been a gem, but getting to be a very tired gem.

It is still hot, the air conditioner is still holding up. I thank goodness we were not in the area with the massive electrical outage. At least there are emergency generators. If the weather is hot or cold, I can't stress enough the need for emergency generators to keep your animals alive. Exotic pets are heat and or cold sensitive. We can't take a chance with these precious animals. Make sure they always have plenty of cold fresh and filtered water.

Of course, all the vegetables are beginning to bear fruit. That takes plenty of water. But that fresh salad last night was so cold and wonderful! The animals love the fresh veggies out of the garden too. All this takes work and plenty of it.

I doubt if I ever have had a surgery that has hurt so darn bad. So this story will be short and sweet. Keep your animals safe from the heat.

Keep your animals safe from the Fourth of July Day noises. More animals end up in shelters than any other time of the year because of fear. Keep them in a safe place. Play music or sounds they are accustomed too.

At the very least for you, your children and your pets have some form of the emergency generator! You may need it for extreme heat or cold, but rest assured, someday you will need it!

Facebook Diana Geiger

My Ferret Book Guides and Exotic Pet Books Guides

Exotic Pets: Family Guide Paperback and Kindle. Available on Kindle Unlimited!

Ferrets: A Complete Guide is available in Kindle, paperback and Kindle Unlimited!

No comments:

Post a Comment