Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Exotic Pets – Please Help Me - A Public Plea

I want to hear from you! Help me make a difference. I am making a plea to all exotic pet professionals, caregivers, and owners. I want people to become aware of the needs of all exotic pets. What are their personalities? What are the social issues and needs concerning your exotic pet? How do you deal with training? Is it an exotic pet that can be trained? Do you realize what a difference we could make if more people became aware of the true nature of exotic pets? To fully understand an exotic pet before acquiring or purchasing one!

Perhaps people would become more sensitive to exotic pet legislation. More alert to their health care requirements. The population would grow less susceptible to rumors and educated with facts. Do you realize what we could accomplish with this project?

Fewer people would buy on impulse. They would have more knowledge about the exotic pet before diving into attempting to care for a strange animal. Nontraditional animals have much different care needs than traditional animals.

We complain about the misinformation on many television shows looking for nothing but ratings and money. We can make a more significant impact than any television show. Instead of complaining let’s do something about it!

I want to hear from exotic pet rescues. Why do people give up their pets? I want to hear from exotic pet veterinarians. Why do some exotic pets die too young? I remember cockatiels and the short lifespan they were experiencing. As we have learned more, they are living much longer. I am sure that the professionals that deal with exotic pets know better to what questions need answering than I know what questions to ask.

I want to hear about your ideas on how to change many misconceptions. One that bothers me a great deal is a domestic skunk and the fact that lawmakers and the general population think each and everyone is a rabies carrier. The breeder I purchased my skunks from, has been a breeder for over a hundred years and has not had a single case of rabies. There are many fallacies concerning exotic pets. It is time to get the truth out; as far and wide as we can.

Are you with me on this project? I can’t do it on my own. I need you and your experiences! Email Diana Geiger

My Ferret Book Guides and Exotic Pet Books Guides

Exotic Pets: Family Guide Paperback and Kindle. Available on Kindle Unlimited!

Ferrets: A Complete Guide is available in Kindle, paperback and Kindle Unlimited!

1 comment:

  1. I wanted to thank you for this excellent read!! I definitely loved every little bit of it. I have you bookmarked your site to check out the new stuff you post. parrot eggs for sale

    ReplyDelete