Tuesday, November 16, 2010

SAVANNAHS DO MAKE GREAT PETS

By Brigitte Cowell, Ph.D., Kirembo Savannahs, Rescue Coordinator for Savannah Rescue.

I’ve been a cat breeder for a few years now. I breed Savannah cats, an exciting new domestic breed of cat accepted by the International Cat Association (TICA) and one of their fastest growing new breeds. Not only do I spend my days promoting this highly exciting new cat breed, but I also head up the breed Rescue for Savannah cats along with my colleague Kristine Alessio.

Big Cat Rescue is responsible for a great deal of misinformation about domestic hybrid cat breeds such as Bengals, Chausies and Savannahs. As I deal mainly with Savannahs, although I have fostered Chausies and Bengals in the past, most of my comments below are taken from my experience with that particular domestic cat breed.

Big Cat Rescue is wrong about many things, the error they are making that I currently object to is that they are labeling the Savannah as an “exotic”; so right in the same grouping as lions and tigers is a domestic cat breed recognized by the largest registry of DOMESTIC cats, (TICA, the International Cat Association). According to BCR, you should put a domestic Savannah cat in a cage instead of your home. Read more, much more!!

SAVANNAHS DO MAKE GREAT PETS, DON’T BELIEVE BCR’S HYPE

No comments:

Post a Comment